Acknowledgements. List of figures. List of tables.
1. Design research in the built environment
2. Design thinking and spatial complexity
3. A case-based approach to design research
4. Building on the past
5. Community network toolkit I
6. Community network toolkit II
7. Building and representing knowledge
8. Cases in urban community formations. Epilogue. References. Index.
Jamie O'Brien is a design research specialist at URBED, working with spatial data analysis and visualization. He was a Research Fellow at Salford University's School of the Built Environment, and Senior Research Associate at the Bartlett Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis, University College London (UCL). He holds a EPSRC doctorate in design from the Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL, and is Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, member of the Design Research Society, and Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.