1. Towards the symphony and symphonic thinking;
2. The symphonic tradition in Polish music before 1956;
3. The symphony and symphonic thinking in the musical avant-garde: 1956-1974;
4. The symphony in post-avant-garde times: 1974-1994;
5. The symphony at the turn of the centuries: 1994-2017
Beata Boleslawska (Boleslawska-Lewandowska) holds a PhD from Cardiff University. She is an Assistant Professor at the Institute of Art, Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw and Chair of the Musicological Section of the Polish Composers' Union. She is the author of Panufnik (2001), Gorecki: A Portrait in Memory (2013), Panufnik: Architect of Emotions (2014), The Life and Works of Andrzej Panufnik (1914-1991) (2015), and editor of Zygmunt Mycielski - Andrzej Panufnik: Correspondence (2016, 2018). In 2007 she was honoured by the Minister of Culture and National Heritage and in 2015 by the Polish Composers' Union for her contribution to Polish culture.