Master the physics and understand the current applications of modern X-ray and EUV sources with this fully updated second edition.
2. Radiation and scattering at EUV and X-ray wavelengths;
3. Wave propagation and refractive index at X-ray and EUV wavelengths;
4. Coherence at short wavelengths;
5. Synchrotron radiation;
6. X-ray and EUV free electron lasers;
7. Laser high harmonic generation;
8. Physics of hot dense plasmas;
9. Extreme ultraviolet and soft X-ray lasers;
10. X-ray and extreme ultraviolet optics;
11. X-ray and EUV imaging.
David Attwood is Professor Emeritus at the University of California, Berkeley. He is a co-founder of the Applied Science and Technology PhD program at Berkeley, and a Fellow of the American Physical Society and the Optical Society of America. He has published over 100 scientific papers and co-edited several books. Anne Sakdinawat is a scientist at the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, where she leads a scientifically motivated imaging and nanofabrication group co-located at Stanford University. She is the recipient of the international Meyer-Ilse Award for advances in X-ray microscopy, and a US Department of Energy Early Career Award.